Sunday, March 1, 2009

in-class_presentations

Whether I am giving or simply listening to an in-class presentation, I typically cannot honestly say that I enjoy them. However, when students are allowed to select their own topics things become much more interesting. So, I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the variety and content that has been presented through this assignment. If I had to pick three favorites, it would be tough, but I think the finalists would include: Kenneth, Scott, and Andrew.

Kenneth's presentation about the Boykin Spaniel definitely tops my favorites. The detailed history and information showed true interest by the presenter. Not to mention, it was also interesting to me. To top it all off, he brought his own Boykin Spaniel as a prop. 

Scott's look at the Jetlev-Flyer was also an interesting topic. The best thing most likely was the randomness of the topic. It was something that most of the class, if not all, had never heard of. I appreciated the discussion he provided about opportunities and price. Nice work. 

Lastly, I found Andrew's presentation of the Allman Brothers to be interesting. The best part of his presentation was the true interest and compassion you could tell he possessed for the topic. When a presenter truly appreciates and takes pride in their topic, it shows and becomes that much more interesting to the audience. 

The entire class has done a great job so far. Kudos also go to the presentations on Locks of Love, Laughter, and Jaguars. I look forward to giving my own this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment