Sunday, February 22, 2009

the_cover_letter

The cover letter is an important aspect of any application or resume. I gained some experience with cover letters last semester as I began applying to graduate schools. Looking back, after examining the website, I definitely found some areas of improvement. Hopefully none of my mistakes will result in letters of rejection. 

A few things about the website that I found helpful were the checklist and the reality section. The checklist reminded me that my letter was possibly too long. However, one thing that I did not include, but am not worried about is a postscript. I see this addition as unnecessary. If your main focuses are presented in the beginning and recapped in the end, I'm not sure an added emphasis for a third or fourth time is warranted. Otherwise, I will definitely be consulting this website in the future. I also look forward to finding out what others thought of the information provided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment