Sunday, January 25, 2009

ten_years_from_now

In ten years from now, it will be 2019. I will be 31 years old and wondering where the time has gone. At this point in my life, I will have received my masters degree, completed my IDP hours, taken the tests of certification, and have just become a licensed architect. It should be a good stage in my life with a huge sense of relief and accomplishment. 

Professionally, I would like to be employed by a large architectural firm. An urban setting is a must. I hope to be a promoter of mixed-use urban design and do my own part to help stop the vast sprawl and suburbanization of the United States. Additionally, at this time in my professional life, I hope to begin studying, taking, and passing the LEED AP exams. I hope that I will keep an inspiring design philosophy and not give in to the restraints that limit design innovation and originality. 

Personally, I hope my life will include a family of my own, taking my grandfather's advice in marrying a 'happy girl with good teeth.' I want to follow in my own parents' footsteps by raising and influencing active, ambitious children. I want to actively volunteer in my community and promote service work. 

All in all, I want to be happy, going places with my career, and know that I'm making a difference in my community and in other people's lives. 

See you in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment